and so is my husband! this post makes more sense if you read this post. on the last day of school an awards chapel was held ~ certificates for bible memory and other categories are handed out ~ while proud parents snap pictures. teachers also hand out awards for spiritual characteristics... m1's was creativity and little mans was reliability. we had received an email from little man's teacher that he was getting an additional award; i figured it was the one for not tucking in his shirt for the entire school year :-)
the most important award given at the school, is the ambassador award. it's name comes from II Corinthians 5:20 "now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us; we implore you, on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God". the lower school ambassador will:
- show spiritual sensitivity. this student is open to and applies the truth of God within his or her life. he or she shows the fruit of the spirit and when necessary is quick to admit wrong and ask forgiveness.
- evidence a servant heart. this student shows compassion, mercy and a willingness to consider others as more important than themselves.
- have an attitude of attentiveness and enthusiasm toward learning. he or she will be growing in wisdom and will apply him or herself within all opportunities for learning.
- submit to the authorities that God has placed over him or her. this student is obedient and respectful to NCLS staff and faculty members.
- be dependable. this student can be counted on to carry out expectations with a reasonable degree of consistency.
- actively worship God.
here we are with our second grade ambassador! i am in awe of our little man and his maturing heart. love you to pieces!